daarc

daarc

Fall From Grace (Mad World, #1) - Christine Zolendz I am having mixed feelings about this story. I did read the blurb, but I was surprised to see that it had some paranormal aspects. The beginning started out as many other contemporary novels had, and then it reveals the whole angel part.

It starts out with a broken girl who collides with a bad playboy. As you can probably guess, they both try to stay away from each other, or mainly the girl, because she and along with everyone tells her that once bedded, said play boy will dump you like a rag. I usually like stories where it starts with a damaged girl, and seeing her rise past her scars and triumph over the darkness surrounding her, along with finding love is a nice theme I like in books. However, this book was just ok.

It's nice that their insta- love dragged on, but I couldn't find myself to like either character, and I couldn't connect with them. It all seemed superficial to me. She would say I will never be with you, yet the next scene had them sleeping together in a bed without the usual activities. However, she did go through an attack, but seriously leading a guy on, and then later tell him to get out, hmmm.

Anyways, I was kind of bored by the middle to end of the book. It just seemed the same repetition over and over again. I didn't realize there was going to be a cliffhanger, but good thing I have the sequel, but I think I'm going to wait a while to read it.